What are we about?
We in Working Group Two want to give mobile operators the innovation capacity of Internet players. We work to provide the following advantages to mobile operators
- Getting mobile core networks to work across radio networks and geographies
- Making the mobile core network open, accessible and programmable for developers, operators and end-users
- Making it easy and affordable to start and operate a mobile core network
- Share improvements to the platform and ecosystem among all participants on the platform
We seek to achieve these benefits by through
- Rebuilding mobile telco the “Internet way”
- Building cloud-native infrastructure, and leveraging cloud providers
- Opening up previously unexposed network capabilities
- Building the foundation for a product ecosystem
We focus on making a difference for both operators and end-users. When we succeed in our mission, operators on our platform have more satisfied customers that use their mobile connectivity in new and meaningful ways.
Watch a short video explaining the concept
If this video left you with a lot of questions, please head over to our FAQ page.