What are we about?
We in Working Group Two want to give mobile operators the innovation capacity of Internet players. We work to provide the following advantages to mobile operators:
- Getting mobile core networks to work across radio networks and geographies
- Making the mobile core network open, accessible and programmable for developers, operators and end-users
- Making it easy and affordable to start and operate a mobile core network
- Share improvements to the platform and ecosystem among all participants on the platform
We seek to achieve these benefits by:
- Rebuilding mobile telco the “Internet way”
- Building cloud-native infrastructure, and leveraging cloud providers
- Opening up previously unexposed network capabilities
- Building the foundation for a product ecosystem
We focus on making a difference for both operators and end-users. When we succeed in our mission, operators on our platform have more satisfied customers that use their mobile connectivity in new and meaningful ways.
In short, Working Group Two enables the next generation mobile operator.
Watch a short video explaining the concept
If this video left you with a lot of questions, please head over to our FAQ page.
You can learn more about Working Group Two’s history on our About page.